Friday, September 17, 2010

Drawing Media Experiments


This experiment was very interesting and made me understand a little better about how these tools work. Starting left to right: The first vertical row was drawn with willow charcoal, second row compressed charcoal, third row conte crayon, fourth row 6B graphite, fifth row sharpie, sixth row 2H graphite.
I found through the exercise that I really enjoy working with the willow charcoal the most. I seem to feel a bit more freedom with it and not so uptight with my strokes.



From left to right: first row sharpie, second row compressed charcoal, third row conte crayon, fourth row HB graphite, fifth row 2B graphite, sixth row 6B graphite, seventh row 3/8" flat brush with india ink, eight row #4 round brush with india ink. 
With this drawing I learned that I feel a bit unsure when working with the 3/8" flat brush itself. The bristles are much longer than I am use to and I am not sure if I am using it properly.


From left to right: first row compressed charcoal, second row willow charcoal, third row conte crayon, fourth row 6B graphite, fifth row 3/8” flat brush with india ink.
Again here, I enjoyed working with the willow charcoal. I didn’t like the Conte crayon as much as I thought I would. With practice I am sure that all of these tools will be more enjoyable and easier to work with.



This last drawing I just did for the fun of it and thought I would share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment