Sunday, December 12, 2010

Final Portrait

For me art is more of a feeling. When I look at art I tend to try to feel what the artist was feeling while doing the work rather than the techniques used. This class has taught me that the techniques are also important.

This is my final self portrait done on white paper with willow charcoal. This drawing reflects my thoughts and the struggles between the present and the future with a security of the past. The present is in the foreground being that it has overcome my life. The future is in the background because it is still in the distance for me. The security of the past which is my brother is looking over me and ensuring me that everything will be ok.

For my face I used contour lines. The images of other people are more of a gesture style. The tree, grass and snow where created with value and shading. The background on the whole piece has a texture to it that varies is some places.




This is my portrait from week one.


No comments:

Post a Comment